Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday Ramblings...

Pastor Jeff asked, "What are you living for?" and he asked are you living your life "your way or the High way?" and also talked about "living the High way will be free but will cost you everything". What a strong impact all of that was on me. Everything and how I am living my life came into question, some things in focus and some very abstract and yet unreachable. The essance was really about being unselfish and putting others first. Being Christ-like is what being a Christian is suppose to be. When I see what Christ did for us, it's not hard to understand why I should fall on my knees for him. He did the ultimate, he gave his life for me. He loves me and has mercy and provides me with a beautiful place to live. That verse in a song, "The universe declares his majesty" really hits home with me. I mean, I know realistically I can't even begin to do for others what he has done for me. Yet, there is still so much I could be doing. More time I should be spending just with my family, more devotion to my husband, more time to those who just need someone to show they care. How about my million dollar home on the water? My SUV with the tv in it for Hannah's enjoyment? Move to Alexandria to be closer to my husbands work so he wouldn't have to commute 3 hours a day? Of course that would take Hannah away from her father and cause a custody battle that I would have to trust in God's hands. Would Christ do all of that? Yes, I believe he would. What am I living for? Isn't it amazing how you can sit in on a sermon and feel it's being spoken directly to you - don't know if it applies to the rest of the congregation..but it sure applied to me.

1 comment:

Glynis said...

God's timing on things like that couldn't be more perfect sometimes. I love when a sermon just hits home for me. These are wonderfully-honest questions that we are all required to think about. Thanks for sharing them.