Sunday, August 06, 2006

Meeting the girlfriend

Ok, I have to admit, I was so happy to hear that John Paul had gone out on a date with a "new girl"... visions of my little grandbabies dancing in my head :) Meeting Alexandria, "Alex" for short was "interesting" and great. She's 24, training to become a hairstylist and very friendly. I liked her right away. I guess we'll just have to see what happens with the new "happy couple".

As for this weekend... It's been a blast! Michael's sister is in town and she and her family as well as Michael's mom and dad and my mom came over for a barbeque yesterday. Jason showed up in the early evening and John Paul with Alex came over too. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, cooked corn on the cob, pasta salad, fresh cantalope as well as fresh ice tea, a little beer and wine. We just hung out doing a little swimming, fishing, paddle-boating and ended the night with a bonfire on the beach and the little ones loved doing the s'mores :)

Now I'm worn out and lazing around... Hope you all had a great relaxing weekend too :)

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Deb, sounds like a delicious, comfortable summer afternoon with family...I could almost smell those hamburgers!!

faery-wings said...

what a wonderful summer weekend. Hope you got all comfy lazing about :)

heather said...

Sounds great! I'm pining for summer now!