Monday, April 24, 2006

More Life Preparing for Graduation...



I love this time of year. The flowers are in full bloom. The allergies are in full attack. I'm full of energy and excitement and sentimental feelings.... Poor Hannah's having a hard time with the allergies but Kristin's ok and the boys never have a problem... strange how the goes. Kristin's bonfire on Friday night was a "wash"... so much for that cuz it POURED!! For some reason they all still came over though and took over my house. Speaking of the gang - here's a few of them in my new "early" birthday present! You know, I am so paranoid though of them being out there and having a tragedy... Only thing is... that water is not even 5 feet deep out there where they are in the first picture! Oh... back to the graduation preparations... Hannah and I spent the day going around taking pictures of the island for Kristin's Graduation Slide Show... Well just a warning if you ever decide to do this... try making sure you already have good pics of things as they are growing up..cuz going back to get them later -- boy, how things change! But it was so much fun going to all the places (well it hasn't been that many places) and going back to her Elementary school and taking pictures of the cool things painted on the wall of the gym. Funny thing is, the more I ran around to all her old places, the more memories and places came to mind...like the spot behing the shopping center where I took her to learn to ride her bike - cuz she was 9 and didn't want to be at home where her friends might see... Or the place that I took her to learn to drive and we practiced all the time... and I even got a shot of the drive-thru at Mc'd's where she's been a thousand times... he he! Funny thing with this slide show though, I made a rough draft and was so excited to show it (shhhh it's a secret and Kristin can't know until her party!) to someone so of course, hubby gets to be the guinea pig.. well, he sat there and cried and cried and said to me," Oh my... this is just making me cry!"... he was so sweet. Ok, so I decided to try it out on John Paul (her oldest brother) and he didn't make it through 6 pictures before he went running out saying, "I can't watch this!"... I just broke out laughing and laughing! He was in tears.. I haven't seen that boy cry in years! I think I better pick so more upbeat music or something cuz goodness knows, if they then her Grandmother (my Mom) will be beside herself! I just hope Kristin likes it. I never want her to forget where she comes from and I want to make sure she always knows the way home....

1 comment:

Meg said...

Oh my! This makes me tear up, and I don't even know your girl! What a wonderful gift, for your whole family! And yes, use cheerful music and stick in some comic relief photos, and stock up on Kleenex! If your mom's anything like mine, she'll be crying before you even get started!