Saturday, July 29, 2006

{All In A Day}

My yesterday was a busy one. Terrible fight with Michael over Jax. Found out Kristin's dream car sold an hour before we were to get there to possibly buy it... poor Hannah whined and fussed all day awaiting the time to go pick up Bre to go to the carnival. Kristin actually found the car of her dreams same year, a little higher mileage but better shape and silver loaded with sunroof and leather instead of black. John Paul flew to his Grandfathers for a first time weekend visit from the round trip ticket we got him for his birthday. Ha, what to get the 26 year old who has everything! Funny, John Paul called to let me know he had "made it" and was standing with his Grandpa Jack at the airport while Hannah and I were on the tilt-a-whirl and watching the fireworks. Speaking of the carnival rides... that was so fun. The lights, the families with their kids, the teenagers running around, the candy apples and hot summer night air, there's something really intoxicating about carnivals with their dirty ride operators and neon light pacifier toys. Bre loved riding the zipper and rode it twice. Hannah rode everything that she could ride for her height! She and Bre even won goldfish which we got the pleasure, Michael and I, to lug around all night. One thing though, nothing like riding those unbrella things that go up and around. I thought I lucked out when they didn't have the ferris wheel running - hint, hint, something's broken! Well, Michael rode the unbrella ride the first time with the girls and when they decided that was the ride of choice for the last ride he declined to go again so I rode with them -- Talk about scared... I screamed and hollered like I was on the biggest roller coaster on earth. I was simply terrified. Something about the way it dipped and swayed so high up in the air - I was for sure we were going to come unbolted from one of the little bolts holding this travelling ride together! Must have been quite amusing to my Michael far down below ~ oh the small revenges of marriagehood.

No comments: