Thursday, August 24, 2006

What do you like best and least about where you live?

I have to say that I really do love where we live. We are on the water with a beach and it's like a dream come true. The water is shallow (2 feet deep) all the way out past the end of the dock so it's safer for the little ones. The moonlight on the water is serene and beautiful. The house is newly renovated and modern with an airy and open feel including cathedral ceilings and a huge master bedroom with a jacuzzi tub.

It also has it's negatives. Hannah's bedroom is on the main level away from the master bedroom so rather than have her down there, we put a toddler bed in our room so I can feel secure as to where she is at night while we're sleeping. Of course that's working ok now, but it won't be lasting forever! I'll have to get an alarm eventually.

We are also 10 miles to the nearest gas station, etc. We also live on an island where there are no movie theaters and the only department store is a K-Mart! Have to go across the Bay Bridge to get to a target!

Life's a compromise though, right?!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I don't think i could survive without a movie theatre! Your comments on my blog today cracked me up! I didn't make any deals with the lay out requests! I just begged politely! Getting over 100 photos scrapped this way can you believe it? crazy! people are so generous. Heather and Glynis are helping me out too. (hey guys!wave!)

Glynis said...

Even without a Target, where you live sounds wonderful! And thanks so much for the comments yesterday on the layouts from my blog. You inspired me to sign up for the DET competition--see you there!

Unknown said...

Sounds lovely. I don't go to the theater except maybe once every 5 years so that wouldn't be a problem for me.

Gabby Faye said...

It is amazing how many of us live on water. Of course the coastlines of North America, and probably the rest of the world, too, are the most populated areas of the world.