Monday, July 31, 2006

Without Words...

The prompt was, or my interpretation of the prompt was: Who or what occurance has left you speechless?

Laid in bed last night going through the "to do list" in my mind. That led me straight to Kristin and the countdown list of needed items and things to do beforehand. No problem there, just get through that list and off we go to do the 1000 mile drive to Florida and she reports to her college, unpack everything, go through her orientation, run around with last minute items we can buy down there. Hang out in her dorm room and get a little knowledge about her dormmate. All that sounds good, methodical and a pleasant new adventure.

Then it hits... full force... stomach goes into nots, throat goes dry and closes... ringing in my ears.. tears and horrible horrible pain. and the question that runs over and over again... "how am I going to get on that plane and leave her there?" "How am I going to do that?" How am I going to be able to tell her how much I love her and am going to miss her? How am I going to get on that plane? I am without words...

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Oh, my heart goes out to you, Deb! I have quite a few years to go, but I can only imagine how it feels to let one of your babies 'fly out of the nest'!

loonyhiker said...

It's hard to let them go and grow. I remember when my parents dropped me off at college and I was so impatient for them to leave me alone so I could get on with my new life. Now, I look back and wish I could have my mom back, just for a few minutes to tell her again how much I love her!

Unknown said...

boy do I know that feeling. I had to watch both my boys get on the bus at the recruiters and leave for basic.